Hello all,
I have posted on Craigslist "groups" to find other estranged
parents in Fresno. I have inquired of counselors of how to initiate a support
group in Fresno but have stopped short of sending my interest to all of our
counselors. I don't find blogs to be a fulfilling way to interact. I wonder if any such efforts will
be helpful or if fewer reminders better help me move forward. I'm not sure what
I hope to accomplish with this state-wide contact but nothing ventured nothing
gained.
My 35 year old daughter, Parisa, has chosen to abandon all family for 2 years. She is my only
child. I retired from Fresno Unified 2 years ago and my struggle with this
situation has become more difficult as I enter this phase of my life and am
concerned about what her absence means for the future. I hurt in general social
situations where I compare my situation to intact families I am around.
Parisa's father was abusive, I divorced when she was 12, he was killed in a car
accident when she was 16. She is sensitive to my not agreeing with her life
choices and my not being willing to support them. Regrettably, I wasn't aware
how fragile she is and didn't know my advice would be taken as criticism.
I'd like to hear from you.
Janet
No comments:
Post a Comment